Saturday, January 12, 2008

Right.

You know how some things just feel completely and utterly...right? Like a guitar feel right across my lap, and my feet feel right on the stage? Like, you take a deep breath, and exhale, and smile because this is the way it should be?

Well, last night was like that. Nick, Caroline, Mark and I just sitting around talking. Something so random and all the more beautiful for its randomness. If we'd tried to plan that, it would have been too late at night, or someone would have had plans, or...anything. But everything fell into place perfectly. So right. I was so comfortable, relaxed, happy...right. I don't sing in front of people. Ever. I"m embarassed of my voice, afraid to sound awful. But with these people I hold so close to my heart, I am unafraid to let my voice be heard. When the guitars came out, I was apprehensive at first. Then we started playing, writing, singing...and it was wonderful. When Mark said that, for the first time in a week he felt really relaxed, I inwardly marveled. I realized it was true for me and possibly for the others. We have so much stress in our lives. Yet, the power of being together with a task as random as creating a song was enough to bring us all peace of mind for awhile. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by people who make me feel so safe and calm. I am so honored to be the friend of such amazing people. You guys make school and life in general worth it :) Thanks. I love you all.

1 comment:

. said...

:] I know exactly what you mean.
I never used to believe it when people would tell me, "These are the best years of your life." But you guys really make everything enjoyable. No, enjoyable doesn't cut it. There's just no word for it.
All I know is that ten, twenty, fifty years from now, these'll be the moments I'll treasure the most.
Ha and we'd better still be rockin' out even then. =]
You guys are the best people I'll ever meet.

And pshhhhh you sing a lot better than I do. =P
XD I didn't even know the words half the time. Go me! I hum.


ps I'm sorry about Kaz's thing!!! >< You must have called right after we left, although I don't know what time you called because
a) if you said, my family was too loud for me to hear -_-U
and b) my answering machine is supposed to tell me what time people call, but it's off by about ten hours. ah hahaa....
But anyway, I meant to apologize today; if I don't apologize tomorrow, then this is my way of saying sorry. XO
<3