Gotta love Wonderwall.
So there's a new kid in my bio class. He went to a school on a military base in Korea. An American, he hated it. HAted being surrounded by a different culture. I don't get that. I loved Viet Nam. I was stared at by people. I was strange...different! That was amazing! I've never been so obviously physically different. What an experience. But I could see how people could hate it. I guess I did, at first. Then I grew to love it.
So that's been on my mind for two days. He came to my class yesterday. I tried to strike a conversation, but the only thing we had in common sort of was something he hated. Not a great way to start a friendship. So I've let it drop. There's another kid in the class who's traveled and hated it. Let them be friends. I wash my hands of him.
Moving on. I'm sounding too much like Holden Caulfield for ym tastes. Though I personally don't have a problem with Holden, I'm told many people do. Has anyone read "The WAtcher"? There was a kid in the book whose sole purpose in life was detesting Holden Caulfield. Literally, he would sit around all day doing nothing but that. I'm halfway through "The CAtcher in the Rye". I've had to stop because my English teacher insists we read 50 pages of Uncle Tom everynight. I don't mind that book, but it's hard to read. I'd like it more if we had less to do each night. The reading is slow going. I like a challenge, but enough is enough.
Well, must go to homework.
"Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall goodnight 'til it be morrow."
I'm partial to that quote. Despite it's cheesiniess and overflow of pansies, Romeo and Juliet is a great play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
=3 I love Holden Caulfield.
I literally read all of that book in one day ['cause I kind of procrastinate..... haha], except for the last few pages, and then Stengel had us turn them in that day. And apparently everything of importance happened in those pages. XD
But I really loved that book.
And, I'm enjoying Uncle Tom's Cabin more now. Now that my favorite character is dying?!? TT.TT Oh, woe is me.
If I wanted a depressing book, I'd read something like "The Hot Zone," or "1984," or "Cujo." Haha... [I don't love those, noooo!] =]
Ever read any of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books? I used to be in love with them. x] Kind of random....
And I don't see how people can be so narrow-minded, either. -_-U I wish I could go to another country and learn about other cultures more. Can't wait to graduate! =]
We should go on an awesome-once-in-a-lifetime-you'll-never-regret-this trip when we graduate! XD Or, at least some time soon after that... I think I'm gonna try to get an internship after my senior year. x]
Post a Comment