Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Some Information

Tomorrow and the Sun, first of all, is an Adam Pascal song that I bet no one has heard of. If by any chance you were searching the song and came across this blog, well, hello fellow Adam fan.

So, my last blog (La Vie Boheme, for you noobs) was...well...I don't know. That was my 'Ooh, I'm sooo happy I'm living my dream, does it get any better than this?' blog. Yeah, my Vietnamese adventures were probably the highlight of my life so far...

This blog will be different. I'm not so happy anymore. In fact, I'm a bit panicked. I'd like to say that the last blog was more about getting attention, but I guess this one is too. It's different though. I want to know if there are people other than me who are freaking out about the rest of their lives. That's a phrase that's been on my mind a lot lately. "The rest of my life"...And I want to know if there are people like me who are starting to really and truly hate the culture-less holler in which they were born, yet they're scared as hell about what else might be out there.

I'm being a bit unfair about the culture-less bit. My friends, the people I choose to surround myself by, are aware that there is a world beyond our small town. They want to see it, to learn about it. As different as we are, that's teh one thing my friends and I have in common. We have some sense of the world beyond US boundaries.

So, that's kind of what this will be about. Whereas La Vie Boheme was me a bit younger, this is me a bit older...new joys, new worries, new ticks. And no worries...no presure to read. I just have to talk...to write. I've always been a better writer than talker.

Well, it's too late at night and I still have to read Uncle Tom's Cabin for class tomorrow...good night.

"Goodnight, goodnight
Sleep well,
And when you dream,
Dream of me...
Goodnight."

1 comment:

. said...

Wowza, I know just what you mean.
Ha I have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life. >>
Yeah, I really want to get out of here. But at the same time, I feel like the more I grow up, the less time I'll have for the things I really love, that I'll lose friends, or I might even lose myself, if that makes any sense.
Ah, and oh, how I want to go back to Scotland. :] I don't think I'd be afraid of growing up there.
Well spiffy; I look forward to reading this. <3